The RIVS team is comprised of intelligent, passionate, and hard-working individuals from a variety of different cultural, educational, and professional backgrounds who value learning over knowing, doing over discussing, and challenge over comfort.
We are always looking for teammates who will bring energy, delight, and compassion to our office and our customers.
You will define your own path to success and will help you light the way. We empower each other to find the best way to deliver results to our customers and to our teammates. Everyone plays a key role in the company’s success.
With RIVS, you will have an opportunity to be part of an improvement in the way people are hired today. If this sounds like your ideal company then please review our open positions!
Accounts Receivable Clerk
As an Accounts Receivable Clerk your work will ensure that our company is successfully receiving payments for the services it provides. We work hard to deliver high-quality services, and your role will be to connect with our clients to ensure that they are successfully receiving, reviewing, and paying their invoices. With a thousand clients, this job requires meticulous attention to detail, especially in times when you discover that a client’s billing contact has changed or become ambiguous.
You will gain exposure to WADSO and related accounting metrics as you work to ensure that clients are aware of the amounts due and are actively in contact with them to ensure that they are making timely payments. You will become comfortable with accounting processes related to accepting payments and managing invoices, credit memos, discounts, and late fees.
In our small but rapidly-growing company, you’ll work especially closely with our Office Manager, being each other’s backup during vacation or sick days, and cross-training on skills and responsibilities. You’ll enjoy our fast-paced environment that involves a high degree of flexibility and a focus on achieving great results together.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Place outbound phone calls, emails, and automated messages to clients who are approaching — or have passed — the due date on their invoice.
- Enter payments (checks, credit card payments, ACH payments) into our accounting software, relating the payment to the corresponding invoice.
- Review WADSO (weighted average days sales outstanding) metrics to determine which invoices are the highest-priority outstanding receivables, and to place special emphasis on getting in touch with those particular clients, to arrange payment.
- Identify bad receivables; ones that you believe the company is unlikely to successfully collect.
- Identify process improvements that would make it even easier for clients to receive, process, and respond to our invoices.
Some interesting things about the opportunity
We are growing quickly, this will open up advancement opportunities for the right people. Accounts Receivable clerks have the opportunity to expand knowledge and responsibility in multiple directions, including the ability to learn and contribute to Office Manager responsibilities, and the ability to learn and contribute to additional bookkeeping and accounting responsibilities.
We are a people focused company. We believe that our #1 strategic advantage is the high bar we set for talent. As a result we will spend a lot of time investing in and developing that talent (you).
- Positive attitude
- Work location is our downtown Chicago office
- This position can be part-time or full-time; please let us know which you are interested in
- Comfortable on the phone and email, interacting with clients to discuss outstanding invoices.
- An interest in learning fundamental bookkeeping processes related to accounts receivable.
- An interest in learning accounting metrics related to accounts receivable performance.
As a member of the development team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and debugging new and existing features and enhancements to our suite of interviewing, scheduling, and training web-based platforms. Competitive Salary – Life / Health / Vision / Dental – Work From Anywhere
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
2+ years of professional experience using and developing…
- Linux, Apache / nginx, MySQL, PHP
- HTML, CSS
Experience with the following technologies…
- Amazon Web Services
- Media Streaming
- Database optimization and scaling
Strategic Account Manager
RIVS is looking for an organized and motivated Strategic Account Manager with prior SaaS sales experience focused on onboarding and training new customers, client retention and strategic upsell of product offerings. As a Strategic Account Manager, you will be playing a leading customer facing role in accelerating RIVS revenue growth and you will have the opportunity to help build RIVS onboarding and training process.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Hunter/Farmer with a minimum of 3 years experience in mid-market Account Sales and Account Management
- Ability to self generate opportunities
- Strong “relationship” sales person with proven track record in solution selling
- Ability to interact with users through C-Level executives
- Strong understanding of customer support and experience with the relevant processes a large organizations deals with
- Solid understanding of “Value” selling across various lines of business
- Proven quota over-achiever
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Technical ability to work with PowerPoint, Adobe, Spreadsheets
- Solid “Strategy” setter with ability to set “vision” for the customer
- Background in selling to mid to large enterprises
- Four year university/college degree required
Business Development Representative
The Business Development Rep (BDR) partners with one of our Major Account Executives to source leads and set up sales appointments with decision makers in middle market organizations. BDRs reearch decision makers, reach out via phone, email, and/or LinkedIn, qualify the prospect, and build interest in RIVS in order to set up demo meetings for Major Account Executives.
BDRs report directly to the Director of Sales and work closely with Major Account Executives and the entire sales and marketing team.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Place outbound phone calls, emails, and social network messages every day to set up appointments.
- Follow-up on targeted outbound marketing campaigns to pre-qualify sales opportunities and schedule meetings for major account executives.
- Work with major account executives to conduct territory analysis and prioritize sales opportunities to ensure timely lead qualification.
- Conduct the research required to understand prospect’s business, technology and product requirements and develop a compelling value proposition.
- Build sales pipeline with qualified prospects to achieve the goals and objectives of the company’s annual sales plan.
- Maintain prospect contact information and notes in salesforce.com.
- Meet or exceed individual performance objectives outlined and communicated on a quarterly basis.
Some interesting things about the opportunity
- We are growing quickly, this will open up advancement opportunities for the right people. BDRs will have the opportunity to move into Major Account Executive roles or become Team Leaders in the sales team.
- We are a people focused company. We believe that our #1 strategic advantage is the high bar we set for talent. As a result we will spend a lot of time investing in and developing that talent (you).
- We like to compete – we have some great sales people here who love to drive each other to the next level…and make lots of money in the process.
- Positive attitude
- Experience making cold calls, sending cold emails, prospecting on Linkedin
- Bachelor degree
National Account Executive
We may serve 1,000 (or so) organizations globally, but we still consider ourselves a startup. On any given day our team members may find themselves wearing several different hats. The responsibilities of the National Account Executive include (but are definitely not limited to):
- Prospect and nurture new leads for your business (load the funnel)
- Work alongside the Business Development and Marketing teams to align outreach
- Host product demonstrations
- Manage the sales pipeline and process
- Acheive new business growth goals both individually and as a team
- Work with the Customer Success team to properly onboard and transition users to their account management team
General Job Opening
RIVS.com is hiring awesome people. If you’re smart, are looking for a new challenge, are a little weird, and want to work for a startup that is going to revolutionize the way hiring happens, then apply here.
Whether you’re local or remote, looking for full-time or part-time, if you have passion for our industry and want to be involved, we want you on board
Digital Marketing Associate
· Write marketing and sales support content including, but not limited to case studies, articles, whitepapers, slide shares, scripts, etc.
· Utilize Pardot as the primary tool for developing and distributing content, as well as email marketing and lead management
· Develop and execute integrated marketing programs.
· Perform lead generation across multiple channels.
· Manage day-to-day social outreach plan across multiple channels.
· Provide insight to sales team through information gained from market, customer, and competitive research.
· Support sales team through development of compelling and on brand tools to help foster lead nurturing.
· Attend trade shows.
· Create advertisements, webcasts, websites, and direct mail.
· Identify media outlets for press releases and promotions.
· Enforce brand marketing guidelines in trademarks, logos, and publications.
· Operate within a defined budget.
· Measure success of various marketing campaigns.
· Develop accountability structure for stakeholders.
· Develop and execute brand management plans.
· Leverage customer insight data to refine brand management.
· Identify brand-building areas.
· Ensure brand communication for areas of responsibility are consistent with the company and brand positioning.
· Develop and implement media planning, buying, and innovation strategies.
· Provide design and direction for collateral, web, product packaging, and other visual communications media for the company.
· Help promote uniformity and consistency of brand.
Experienced SaaS Growth Hacker
Quite simply, your job is to generate demand for our services resulting in leads for our sales team using a variety of tools in your growth hacker toolkit, including:
We primarily use Salesforce and Pardot as our lead management and marketing automation tools. Knowing these is not a prerequisite, but a nice advantage.
Ideal candidates will have at least 3yrs experience with all or most of of those tools. You will ideate, execute, and measure.
Client Success Manager
As the Client Success Manager, you are responsible for onboarding, setting up and managing a portfolio of clients. You strive to understand each client’s business, own relationships, facilitate onboarding activities, and provide regular updates and guidance. By creating strong relationships with our clients, you will keep them informed on our new features and functionalities. Being a technically minded individual, you regularly communicate with our clients to keep them fully supported. Your goal is to ensure our clients success with RIVS.
The Client Success Manager will also work closely with the RIVS sales team to keep them informed of their client’s usage and strategize on growth, resulting in increased revenue opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish strong relationships with clients including understanding their business objectives and identifying how RIVS can meet their needs
- Fulfill initial onboarding for clients and welcoming clients to the RIVS platform
- Train clients on the RIVS platform and how it best can be utilized for their business
- Proactively reach out to our clients to evaluate their needs, drive usage and provide recommendations
- Maintain expert knowledge of the RIVS platform to identify areas of improvement for each client
- Help troubleshoot and provide support for clients
Our Ideal Candidate will:
- Be a great listener.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and possess strong organizational skills
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Be able to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Be assertive and willing to take initiative to ensure clients are fully on boarded and trained
- Have the ability to work under pressure and help troubleshoot under emergency situations
- Have the desire to work in a startup environment
- Have a passion for technology and understand the benefits of SaaS for new clients
- 1-3 years of experience in customer service (technical support, account management or education)
- Experience in SaaS, a tech company, and/or has HR experience is a plus
- BA/BS degree preferred
- $37,000 + Commission based on client retention (Target Compensation $40K or more)
- Full benefits
- Simple IRA
- Career Growth Opportunity
Full Stack Web Developer
If a small cubicle, boring projects and a something-other-than-amazing team is what you’re looking for, stop reading this now.
However, if you’re looking to join a group where your voice is heard not just during quarterly reviews, but on a constant basis, where the work you do every day makes a real difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands (soon to be millions!) of people looking for jobs, and where your hard work is both acknowledged and rewarded, then you’re in the right place.
RIVS is seeking a Full Stack Web Developer to join our Software Engineering team. Our unique platform is helping other companies revolutionize hiring process. Our challenge? Make it easier for recruiters to find the best candidates and get back to them quickly while making the whole process more engaging for the candidate. This is a full-time position based in downtown Chicago, IL.
Our small team believes that elegant code exponentially outperforms, so we take time to plan before executing. We focus on delivering quality over quantity and on building powerful yet flexible tools. We are always excited to work on new features that utilize new technologies to make our product stand out. And every other week, we get to share what we’ve done with the whole company, who always loves learning about our progress. RIVS as a whole is comprised of 15 employees, so everything you do makes a tremendous impact.
You will be helping build new and awesome experiences for recruiters, hiring managers and candidates around the world. We’re looking for full-stack engineers – you’ll be working with MySQL, PHP, and front-end languages (HTML/CSS/JS). You will be working directly with our other full-stack developers, while collaborating with the rest of the team including marketing, customer support and sales.
You are an engineer who can turn ideas into extremely fast, reliable and readable code. You believe that by using new technologies we can make the world better (especially the world of hiring). You enjoy working within a smaller group knowing that your decisions will help to shape both the product and the brand.
You will be successful in this role if you:
– Enjoy helping others around you to grow as developers and be successful
– Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Can be autonomous and self-driven
– Get inspired on a daily basis, think of new ideas and like to share them with others
– Love to experiment and take chances
Candidates must have deep experience with
– OOP PHP
– MVC Architecture
– HTML / CSS / JS
Good to have experience with
– Agile Development
– Unit Testing
– REST, JSON
What’s Next: After we receive your application, we will reach out to you as soon as possible and you’ll get a chance to get your hands dirty with our platform!